Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

A Special SL Kid: Marianne Mccann's Rezzday





By Gemma Cleanslate
 Saturday February 22 was a special day in Second Life because it was the rezz day of a special person: Marianne Mccann who was "born" in 2006. Here is a SL kid who has accomplished a lot in Second Life during her life. She has always been true to her SL inner child, but has been involved in so many things.  Marianne first entered Second Life as an adult, but became a three year old child soon after, Now she is an 8 year old, but is resting at that age. 
I went over to "The Pen" in Bay City, where she has properties, for her birthday party. Lots of kids and grown up friends were present for the festivities. Marianne herself did the DJing for the dances. People dropped by to congratulate her. I have known Mari since 2009. I believe I met here at my first visit to SLB at the kids build. Later I asked her to write an article for the SL Newser as part of a whole group of SL kids articles. You can read about Mari here  http://slnewserpeople.blogspot.com/2010/08/so-why-am-i-kid-avatar.html . I think she was SL kids age 3 then. 
I have been at many events where Mari was involved in one way or another.  One of the most exquisite things I think she ever did was the history build for the SL10B . It was a complete look at the past years in a wonderful setting. I kept going back to it over and over so I did not miss anything. It should be preserved somewhere in Second Life for posterity.  Right now Mari is getting ready for the first Second Life Winter Games which will be held at Chamonix City in mid-March. I have always admired Mari and wish her so many more years of achievement in SL. 
Drfran Babcock did an interview with her after the SL10B .
http://slnewserpeople.blogspot.com/2013/06/sl10b-interview-marianne-mccann.html
Gemma Cleanslate

1 comment:

  1. Marianne is great, a very nice person who deserves many kudos and lots of support.

    ReplyDelete