Pages

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Remembrances of an Angel


By Gemma Cleanslate

“I know I don't walk so well , but hey I do love SL for keeping me dry even underwater.”

“Bang   figure out the rest sometime
survived and decided  mmm what have I decided. 
Oh well look at me and  then you will see I didn't make a good decision. Mercysakes”
 


That was Breezes!!
 

A wonderful friend for over 10 years, a writer for the SL Newspaper and for the SL Newser for some time. We spent many hours almost every day talking and camping together in the old camping days. We went to parties together and once in a while shopping.

Early on she found a home in Samarkand, a roleplay kingdom that had tourneys, knights, and a Queen. Breezes loved it there, and I was invited to watch a tourney and have lunch with the Queen, whom she loved. It was a splendid place.Breezes made many loving friends there. I thought at the time it would be her long time home in SL.  But the queen died and Samarkand was no more. Breezes was heartbroken and wandered for a long time searching for a new home that she could love as much. 


She loved fashion, and made sure she was always dressed in the latest fashion, why we camped so much!  She shopped the best designers and never threw out the boxes. She worked for Chigadee London in her hat shop, but I will let her tell you about that, and was a shoe model too. 



Finally she found a new home that she loved and has spent the past few years in, Tombstone, that is based on Tombstone Arizona in the late 1800's, as a role player. Her favorite time there was being in the bank, especially when the cavalry came with a deposit. I went to some trials in the town where Breezes was a witness to a crime and it was always fun to listen to her testimony.  I will let the Mayor of Tombstone, Adrian Wise tell you more about her life there. 

When I first met Breezes it was at a party where my then partner, now absent, Qwark Allen, was djing. He invited her and, wow, was I jealous. Here was this gorgeous avatar with spectacular clothes. I thought she was after him (laughter), We became friends though, and when  she learned about my first thoughts she and I had a good laugh. Bree is the one who introduced me to Dana Vanmoer, owner of the SL Newspaper and started me on my way to reporting. 


She  loved dancing at parties and made an effort to stop by at least when she got a call and came in her Tombstone clothing to any kind of party . She came and went like the wind that she was.  Early in our friendship I learned that she did not have any audio, until much later, and never heard the music but was always there gamely dancing.


She was never very good with prims so I helped her move to new homes several times and placed the furniture and moved curtains for her. If you came to visit before I got there you would find furniture and decor in one big pile and curtains everywhere.
 


Her friends,Perry Krell and Leigh Elton Krell , planned a new sim that included animals. So Bree became a lion and greeter for that sim. It was one of the only times that I saw her not dressed in finery but the lion was meticulously groomed!! She was also active with the Relay for Life  for many years and dearly remembered for her involvement.

There were so many aspects to Bree, some of which I even do not know though we had many long conversations about life, real and Second Life. 


“Many obstacles in my life .We all have them..With my loving friends they will help guide my way.May any who read these words have the same good friends around you.  The Lord above will watch over us, the angels will wrap their wings around and help guide."..... Her words...


For almost her entire Second Life, her health has not been good. And there were several crises. But she revived so many times after a bad spell I think we all expected her to just  have infinity here. I did get to talk to her for a bit on June 26 for the last time and am happy for that since.  I know it was her last visit to Second Life, and she told me so. As Dolleyes Barbosa of Tombstone said, “  she will be a beautiful angel, and the best dressed one too.”  I will miss her deeply as I know her many friends here will.
 


 A poem by Saadi, a knight of Samarkand, who wooed Breezes.

"The day was hot under a cloudless sky‭

The air was still and heavy o’er the city it lie

The city it lay silent sleeping in the heat

Until a gentle breeze came by.
 


She whispered o’er the city awakening all she touched

With gentle cooling fingers softer than a dove

She stirred the air around us and made us smile and sigh

And made up feel so happy that a gentle breeze came by.
 


We took her to our hearts and bade her always stay

And hoped the love within her would never go away. 

Whe touched out lives and souls with her gentleness that day 

When that gentle breeze came to stay."  

Thanks for the memories and “Thoughts “, Breezes Babii. I hope you have found your Samarkand.  We love you.  

Gemma Cleanslate

1 comment:

  1. So sad... ill light a candle for you - James T

    ReplyDelete